sabato 19 novembre 2011

The Sporting Walkers

Every time I can, I decide to walk. I prefer to leave my car in the garage and, even if the way to go is rather long, maybe I decide to leave earlier but I always prefer to walk. 

There's no specific reason to go walking for me: I do it just because I like it. There's no environmental reasons, no healthy causes. I prefer to walk not to save money for gas. I just like it. That's all.

So sometimes I walk with no precise destinations. In other cases I walk beacuse I have to reach a precise place. I walk along different kind of roads: of course I prefer the secondary country roads but sometimes I have to walk along a main road. Sometimes there's a sidewalk: more often I have to walk along the road margin with the cars dangerously very close to me.

Anyway, often (and I have to say with a certain pleausure) I see other walkers along the road. Frequently are the seme walkers with very fashionable tracksuits and sneakers. I see them walking up and down along the same road with their Ipad in the ears.

I repeat. For me it's good that this people decide to walk above all when thinking of some aberrations such as those videogames simulating out door activities standing at home. So when someone opts to go out and walk, that's good.

It seems to me that this people walking is like on a tapis roulant. Walking is surely a good thing for your health, but walking should be something good also for your spirit. Walking up and down ten times with perfect gym cloths may imply, in my opinion, the risk to lose an important component of the meaning and sense of walking. Walking should involve peace for your body as well as for your spirit. Using an Ipod could be a very good choice. But walking in the country acoompanied by a deep silence, slowly, ready to catch sounds and smells around us, maybe simply dressed, can be a way to be in harmony with the environment 


Nessun commento: