venerdì 15 maggio 2009

The Way Back

There is something has always impressed me when walking along these country roads: these roads have two distinct and different directions and meanings. I'll try to explain myself better.

When walking on these country roads, I always put my attention to a lot of small details as well as to the landscape as a whole, to the nature of the road as well as to its crossroads, the trees all around etc. So I usually make long circular walks which finally drive me home going always straight ahead.


Yet sometimes, It happens to me to be forced to go back on the same road (for example because it finishes in a filed or in a private plot/house) or to walk along a road in the opposite direction respect to the usual one.


So I perceive a rather surprising effect: the landscape seems to me completely different, an original world not simply a mirror reversed image of the usual one. Probably, when driving a car this effect is definitively modest because nobody pay attention to the surrounding landscape outside the window. But when walking, being a part of this landscape, a new different world appears to us.

For this reason, I have decided to explore these country roads I have always taken in the same direction in the opposite one and I always discover, with my immense surpirse, new details and interesting views...

Just try it!

Nessun commento: