lunedì 18 marzo 2013

Animal Liturgies

Some days ago, I was sitting on a big stone under a tree after a short walk in the country. It was a sunny day even if a cold wind was shaking the trees. 


While sitting, my cat came towards me with a small bird in his mouth. The little bird was dying: my cat had pulled out its wing to be sure to prevent the bird's escape. So he played with this dying little bird for a little while before eating it.

I've observed this scene very carefully. Something was biasing my attention: I was impressed by the fact that while my cat was killing and eating quite slowly the little bird, over my head other birds were singing as nothing strage was happening. That little bird is dead accompanied by the beautiful music of the other birds' singing.


Is this an animal liturgy I ignore which I cannot understand? Maybe

Probably mankind has a very strange and complicated idea about the Death compared with other aminals: they perhaps consider the Death as a very normal and obvious event in this world. Maybe the normal event by definition. We suffer thus a side-effect of our "intelligent" culture...


Things to do (urgent):
 remember to give something more to eat to the cat

Nessun commento: