lunedì 15 dicembre 2008

A Walk through the Stones

After four rainy days, finally a sunny day. On dec. 13th, as usual after a frugal lunch, I have decided to go out for a walk to a very interesting place. I live in a volcanic area where it is very easy to meet the result of the past intense volcanic activity. All around, great volcanic rocks frequently emerge from the ground in the countryside creating sometimes a peculiar quasi-lunar landscape, characterized by the presence of a grey stone typical of this place: peperino.

After having taken a secondary country road, I have taken other secondary roads towards a moor full of volcanic peperino rocks and stones. Even the road is running over the rock...



It's like to walk over cement...

All around there is an unreal landscape with small trees, brushwood and musk. Cultivating fields here is impossible...



Just far away, goats are bleating... Except for this, silence is complete. My steps are very slow while I'm looking around...

After a very long tour among stones and rocks and after taking narrower and narrower secondary country roads (which has directed me till private plots), I have decided to go back home also because, in the meantime, a very cold wind is flogging the moor making however even brighter the landscape.

And going back home is beautiful...

And the warm sound of the fireplace at home...

Nessun commento: